Our Top Library Picks
Once your kiddos meet our amazing staff and experience how FUN a dental visit can be here at BKD, they’re usually excited about future appointments! But we know that the thought of dental visits can make children nervous sometimes – especially for the first few visits. We mentioned in our last blog post (Brush Up On Your Brushing!) that reading about teeth and brushing can help make oral care with your little ones more enjoyable (and less of a hassle!) – reading is also a great idea to help prepare your children for what to expect at the dentist! Here are some of Dr. Kristin and Dr. Laura’s favorite books about visiting the dentist:
- Peppa Pig: Dentist Trip: First of all, who doesn’t love Peppa Pig (are you humming the intro song in your head right now?)??? And second of all, Peppa shows George how much fun going to the dentist can be (like at BKD)!
- Daniel Goes To The Dentist (Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood): Another great story about first dental visits, this book is sure to give your child the reassurance they need before visiting us! Just like Dr. Kristin, Dr. Laura, and our staff do, Daniel Tiger’s dentist in the book explains each step along the way, so Daniel knows what to expect.
- The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss: If you like a book that’s fun, this is the one (see what we did there?!)! Teach your kiddos all about teeth, what they can do, and how to keep them healthy – all while making your children laugh through this fun Dr. Seuss read.
- Peppa Pig: The Tooth Fairy: Peppa Pig loses her first tooth – and now she waits for the Tooth Fairy to arrive! Enjoy the magic of the Tooth Fairy while also learning some good tips for oral care with Peppa Pig.
- Barney Goes To The Dentist: Follow along as Barney heads to the dentist along with Ashley and her mom for Ashley’s first dental visit! Your child can learn about what to expect when they come to the dentist for the first time.
- Sesame Street: Ready, Set, Brush! A Pop-up Book: Even little monsters need to keep their teeth clean, healthy, and strong! Your little ones will love learning about good oral health with some of their favorite Sesame Street characters. Bonus: this one includes flaps, wheels, and pop-ups!
We could go on, of course (teeth and books are some of are favorite things!), but these are our top favorite reads to help prep your little ones for coming to see us! Have a good one we didn’t mention, let us know in the comments. Happy reading and brushing!